3. ACROSS BORDERS – Indonesia fights illegal potato imports
3. New York milk producers complain of Canadian pricing policies
3. Vilsack to lead U.S. Dairy Export Council
3. France launches mandatory labeling pilot project
4. Ireland confirms atypical BSE in cow
4. Deer in the (COOL) headlights
4. Trump withdraws from TPP; goes to work on NAFTA
6. Ag coalition asks Trump to preserve NAFTA ‘windfall’
6. Implications for meat trade if tariff set on Mexican imports to US
7. ANNOUNCEMENTS – Search for new Canola Council of Canada President
7. PEI Potato Board closing Borden-Carleton inspection station
8. BEES – Why there won’t be bee beards at WAS 2017!
9. Free Introductory Beekeeping webinar set to begin February 11
10. COMPETITIONS & AWARDS – Entrepreneurship drives Outstanding Young Farmer
10. Sylvain Gascon & France Brunet awarded 2016 W.R. Motherwell Award
12. EVENTS – Fairs, Exhibitions & Farm Shows
13. Western Canadian Dairy Seminar – 2017 Registration is OPEN!
14. FARM BUSINESS – Top economic driver of 2017: Canadian dollar
15. 3 considerations to maintain good rumen health
15. Planning ahead is key to managing calf disease
16. A cash grain broker – part of your crop marketing plan?
17. More tools for wireworm control
17. That’s gotta hurt!
20. FARM SAFETY – Mysterious well pit
21. 15 farm safety tips
22. RESEARCH – Oral vaccine against salmonella
22. US researchers program drone to hunt PVY in potatoes