3. ACROSS BORDERS – USA anticipates record corn harvest
3. Global salmon industry creates sustainable salmon farming initiative
3. Shrimp in a crimp – providing opportunity for new producers, but for how long?
4. Canadian Foodgrains Bank begins anniversary harvests
5. 30th anniversary gathering at Milltown Colony
6. ANNOUNCEMENTS – CBBC announces Michael Latimer as new Executive Director
7. International Plowing Match 100th: Come Celebrate with Us!
8. ‘The Rural Channel’ – dedicated to rural Canada
8. NB processor starts $50 million chicken plant
8. Overwhelming response to draft pig code
8. New board members appointed to Alberta Livestock and Meat Agency
9. CanFax Cattle Market Forum
10. BC Salmon genome study
10. Unapproved GE wheat found on Oregon farm raises contamination concerns
10. Investment Agriculture Foundation delivers over $1.7 million to new projects
11. Provincial Winter Fair heads into 75th annual
12. BEES – More pesticides found to affect bee health
13. Pollination poisons: bees don’t have a chance
14. COMPETITIONS & AWARDS – What would your rural community do with $50,000?
14. OYF Calendar
15. Medicine Hat area Century Farm & Ranch Awards
16. ENVIRONMENT – 62 countries are biofuel-friendly
16. On the watch for invasive zebra mussels
17. Farmers’ Almanac used four-letter word to describe the coming winter
17. Don’t feed the bears!
18. ‘Chasing Ice’: fact or fiction
19. Are European greening requirements for farmers the way of the future?
20. EVENTS – Creative Stitches and Crafting Alive!!
21. Join us at the BCFWN Fall Seminar
22. Fairs, Exhibitions & Farm Shows
26. World ploughing champ tyre goes to Mitas
27. FARM BUSINESS – Agriculture has opportunities for young people
28. RESEARCH – Dairy whey closer to mother’s milk than media-made menace
28. Errors in farmed salmon research