3. EDITORIAL – Social networks will shape 21st century organizations
5. ACROSS BORDERS – Identifying ‘local’ Irish pork
5. Market information system launched in Africa
6. Casualties of economic downturn spur a new movement of resource sharing
6. Anti-Atrazine rally
6. USDA predicts record corn crop; US exports of ethanol
7. Help Us Re-brand Poverty!
8. ANNOUNCEMENTS – Livestock emergency declared in Manitoba
8. No voluntary marketing option for canola
8. BC 4-H launches 2011 lottery
9. Are you ready to STEP UP?
9. Quebec maple syrup producers support charity
9. Know someone whose made a difference in farm business management?
10. BEES – Mining the honeybee genome/ Day of the Honeybee
12. COMPETITIONS & AWARDS – CFBMC Excellence Award for students in agriculture
13. IFAJ-Alltech young leader award winners announced
13. Apply now for Outstanding Young Farmer annual memorial scholarship
13. BC cheesery makes Canada’s best camembert and brie
14. 2011 BC Cowboy Hall of Fame Awards
15. Joe Marten Memorial Award for preservation of cowboy heritage in BC
16. ENVIRONMENT – Mega quarry raises water concerns
17. EVENTS – Help ‘Raise the Roof’ on the North Thompson Agri-Plex!
18. Fairs, exhibitions and farm shows: June-July 2011
23. FARM BUSINESS MANAGEMENT -Allegations of blacklisting by Mexican Consulate in Vancouver
24. FOOD – Ontario Food Cluster seeks international business
24. BC seafood in Belgium
25. INNOVATION – GPS herding rather than riding fences
25. Exploring air flow technology for raspberry harvesting
25. High pressure preserves food naturally
26. OPINION – American meat: Is it really at half staph?
26. Key questions for a changing agriculture
27. RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT – Emergency: GMOs, glyphosate & tomorrow
28. Cool species can take the heat
28. Giant fossil ants linked to global warming