See you at the third annual Canfax Cattle Market Forum – a forum dedicated to presenting information and perspectives specifically on the main factors affecting the Canadian cattle markets. Today, cattlemen, feedlot managers and agri-business professionals continue to rely on up-to-the minute information as an essential tool for maximizing profit. Whether your operation needs to plan for the next three hours or the next three years, Cattle Market Forum host, Canfax, delivers timely, accurate information for cattle industry professionals. We will provide you with current market information, existing marketing challenges and opportunities from a variety of sources to assist you in the management of your day-to-day business and longer term planning. You can also count on getting a perspective of the entire beef supply chain – wholesalers, retailers and food service companies.
The Canfax Cattle Market Forum being held the evening of November 18 and all day November 19, 2014 at the Deerfoot Inn & Casino in Calgary, AB.
Our line up of expert speakers will be discussing such topics as in-depth analysis of and prospects for global, North American and Canadian economies and associated markets, grain market outlooks, competing with other meat industries, drivers for the future, risk management and working with export market opportunities. Manager and Senior Analyst of Canfax, Brian Perillat, states that “Markets are changing more dramatically and rapidly than ever before. Current market information is a ‘must’ in today’s business, and a broader perspective of market factors is just as important to make immediate decisions and to strategically plan for the future”.
• Master of Ceremonies, Dianne Finstad, Freelance Broadcaster, Host and Writer, Red Deer, Alberta
• Opening Comments, Brian Perillat, Manager, Senior Analyst, Canfax, Calgary, Alberta
• A Global and Canadian Economic Outlook – Sustaining the Recovery, Paul Ferley, Assistant Chief Economist, RBC, Toronto, Ontario
The Canadian economy is increasingly operating within a global context. The presentation will provide an outlook for the Canadian economy highlighting the opportunities and challenges within this global context.
• US Beef Industry Market Dynamics – Beyond 2014, John Nalivka, Sterling Marketing, Inc. , Vale, Oregon
The U.S. cattle inventory is at a 60 year low and supply / demand dynamics during 2014 have led to record prices across the supply chain. Moving beyond 2014, there are likely many more changes ahead as this scenario plays out. How will the constant challenge of capacity, trade, weather, and consumer demand shape the market outlook as the industry heads into 2015 and beyond?
• Hamburger – The Journey , John Scott, JM Scott Management Services Inc., Niagara on the Lake, Ontario
This fast paced presentation takes an insightful look at the evolving use of hamburger. From the gourmet burger to fast food – from the frozen pattie and on to the simple but sumptuous meat loaf the future role of this diet staple is assured. What are the implications for the beef industry?
• Canadian Cattle Industry and Market Update, Brian Perillat, Manager, Senior Analyst, Canfax, Calgary, Alberta
North American and global cattle and beef markets are highly integrated, but there are still many factors and signals that impact how the Canadian industry and markets will perform. This presentation will provide insights into local markets within the context of broader market conditions.
• Thin Cash Markets and price discovery, Steven Koontz, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado
• Connecting the Beef Food Chain, The Wulf Cattle Story, Jerry Wulf , Wulf Cattle, Morris, Montana
Jerry will give his perspective on the opportunities that are before us in a changing industry. Hear Jerry’s story of how Wulf Cattle build a consistent beef supply chain with relationships and trust.
• Feed Grains Market Outlook , Alex Bos, Merchant Analyst, Louis Dreyfus Commodities, Calgary, Alberta
Alex will provide an overview of the Canadian and global grain and livestock markets. Will include supply and demand analysis of the major grain market drivers and the impact on livestock markets.
• Global Beef Sector: Brazil and China, Brett Stuart, Global Agri Trends, Idaho
Brett will present an overview and outlook of the global beef sector. Brazilian production and Chinese demand will be further discussed.
For more information and to register online visit http://www.canfax.ca or call 403-
686-8407.Tuesday November 18, 2014
Don’t forget to read the current issue of Agri Digest Online. Click beside the picture of the cover (above this blog if you are already on our website, at http://www.agridigest.com if you are on one of our social media sites).