3. EDITORIAL & BOOK REVIEW
4. ACROSS BORDERS – Take a weed whacker to US farm subsidies?
4. FNA President presents farm profitability strategies to farm leaders in Poland
5. ANNOUNCEMENTS – Small town heroes
6. APAS President Greg Marshall resigns to focus on recovery
6. Canadian Angus Association to build a new office building
6. Investment Agriculture Foundation contributes nearly $450K to new projects
6. Call for ACPC director nominations
7. BEES – Alberta 2010 beekeeper survey results
8. New National Bee Diagnostic Centre at Beaverlodge
8. Commercial beekeeping program unique in Canada!
8. Restoring health and numbers to the honey bee population
9. SETAC workshop on pesticide risk assessment for pollinators
10. COMPETITIONS & AWARDS – World food prize recognizes leadership in agriculture
10. Regional OYF winners head for Nationals
11. Winnipeger donates $25,000 award to Canadian Foodgrains Bank
11. Western Legacy Awards honours outstanding individuals and organizations
11. OYF Calendar
12. ENERGY – Global fossil fuel subsidies to reach $660 billion by 2020
12. All of our (energy) eggs are in the U.S. basket
13. Shale gas boom making us sick, say B.C. residents
14. EVENTS – Salt Spring Island (BC) Apple Festival
15. Fairs, exhibitions and farm shows
15. Only in Saskatchewan! DINING WITH THE STARS
16. Canadian Foodgrains Harvest for Hunger in Monkton, Ontario
16. FCC ‘Drive Away Hunger’ campaign
17. FARM BUSINESS – Prairie farmers pleased at marketing change
18. There’s no time to waste
19. FOOD – Feeding the world while protecting the planet
20. Healthy chocolate
20. Thousands demand sustainable food at National Food Day
20. Hunger strike has fans of raw milk alarmed
21. FARM SAFETY – Live to ride another day
21. Farm safety top-of-mind this fall
22. Can children ride an ATV safely?
23. OPINION – Canada’s regional development agencies a waste
24. Is there hope for Canadians?
25. CFFO Commentary: Selling confidence and authenticity
25. Can we have industry without toxicity?
26. RESEARCH – SFU student researches fungi-fighting controls